Founded in 1995, the Vine School Health Center is a full service pediatric clinic located in the Langland Building in the back of Vine Middle Magnet School in Knoxville, Tennessee. The clinic is a joint cooperative between the University of Tennessee College of Nursing and the Knox County Schools Health Services Department. Its mission is to serve those students who have limited access to health care and improve the overall health and wellness of Knox County children.
The center is supported by patient fees and private, state, and federal grants. One such grant provided telehealth services from the Vine School Health Center to selected Knox County schools for acute care services. Another grant established social work services which provide mental health care and case management services. The center is an exemplar of a university and community partnership.
For appointments, call 865-594-5078.
For students in Knox County Schools, services include, but are not limited to:
- Well child exams, including vision, hearing, and developmental screening
- Health education
- Acute illness care (stomach ache, headache, colds and flu)
- General first aid (sprains, cuts, abrasions, burns)
- Nutritional assessments
- Sports physicals
- Mental health evaluations and services
- Telehealth services
The Health Center is staffed by nurse practitioner and social work faculty from the UT College of Nursing and Social Work. A pediatrician from University Pediatric Consultants provides consultant services. UT nursing and social work students in the baccalaureate and graduate programs rotate through the clinic during their education at the University.
- Nan Gaylord, PhD, RN, CPNP-PC, PMHS: Administrator and Nurse Practitioner
- Tami Bland, DNP, CPNP-PC: Nurse Practitioner
- Gail Clift, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC, PMHS, CMHP: Nurse Practitioner
- Katie Ingram-Willard, RN, CPNP-PC: Nurse Practitioner
- Alicia Alexander, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC: Nurse Practitioner
- Basilia Pendleton, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC: Nurse Practitioner
- Rachel Ross, LCSW: Social Worker
- Corey Snyder, LMSW, RPT: Social Worker, Registered Play Therapist
- Cathy Strysniewicz, BSN, RN
- Larry Rodgers, MD, FAAP
- Ross Kendell, MD
- Natalie McConkey: Office Manager