Nurses on the Frontlines: Erin Morgan

Nurses on the Frontlines: Erin Morgan (2006)

Nurses are facing unprecedented challenges right now as they face the COVID-19 pandemic. With these realities in mind, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, College of Nursing has launched a forum for alumni who are on the frontlines of this pandemic to share their stories.
Erin Morgan is an Assistant Clinical Professor at the College of Nursing (CON) and a Nurse Practitioner. Erin, who earned a MSN from CON in 2006, is navigating uncharted waters as she prepares her clinical students through virtual simulations and Zoom online instruction. Erin is also serves on the frontline of the pandemic at drive through testing sites at The Little Clinic with Kroger Health.

How has COVID-19 impacted you?
I am a nurse practitioner and a teacher. During this crisis my clinical groups stopped meeting in person. Instead we work through virtual simulations and meet through zoom. My students have been so resilient and engaged. They have looked for the bright spots in the difficult times missing in person clinical hours. I work twice a month as a Nurse practitioner with Kroger Heath at The Little Clinic. This job offers the opportunity to keep my skills up to date and engage with patients. During this crisis Kroger Heath has started supporting local drive through testing. I helped participate in the Knoxville area site. This was one small way I felt I could help in this difficult time.

Share your advice
I would encourage everyone to take time to enjoy the small things. Personal care is so important during times of stress.

If you are interested in sharing your story please visit http://tiny.utk.edu/alumnistories.