Meet the 2024-2025 College of Nursing Student Ambassadors

As we welcome another exciting academic year at the University of Tennessee, we are thrilled to introduce our 2024-2025 College of Nursing Student Ambassadors! This dedicated group of students are committed to fostering the Volunteer spirit in our community. These exceptional individuals are not only excelling in their studies but also taking on leadership roles to mentor their peers, represent our college, and promote our values of leading care, creating partnerships, and improving health.

Join us as we celebrate the achievements and aspirations of our 2024-2025 Student Ambassadors. Get to know their stories, learn about their passions, and discover how they plan to make a positive impact in the world of nursing. We are excited to embark on this journey together and make this year one to remember!

Abigail Cassella

Hi, I’m Abby and I am an upcoming senior in the College of Nursing! This will be my second year as an ambassador and it has been great to connect with students and faculty that are a part of College of Nursing.

Avery Kerns

Hi my name is Avery Kerns and I am a junior in the Traditional BSN Program! I am also an out of state student from Northern Virginia. In addition to being a nursing ambassador, I am also a member of the Panhellenic Community and I am the Vice President of the Student Nurses’ Association!

Calla Brady

I am from Chattanooga, TN and have absolutely loved my first year at Tennessee! I have gotten involved in several things on campus, one of them being club volleyball. I have always loved to play volleyball so finding another community to build relationships has been amazing. I am excited for what the future holds this year!

Emma Grace Porter

Hey y’all! My name is Emma Grace Porter and I’m from Kingsport, Tennessee. I’m a rising junior in the College of Nursing, and I am very excited to enter my second year as an ambassador! A few fun facts about me… I’m getting married in July! I love to cook, paint, and travel. I’m looking forward to serving and getting to know everyone more this year! Go Vols!

Erica Woodward

Hi everyone! My name is Erica Woodward, and I am currently a junior in the TBSN program here at The University of Tennessee. I am so excited to be a part of the CON ambassador program and can’t wait to meet so many new faces.

Erin Mee

My name is Erin and I am a senior lead ambassador for the College of Nursing! I have lived in Knoxville my whole life and have always had an appreciation for the Volunteer Spirit our school and program embody. My hobbies include painting, weight lifting, listening to rock, and trying new foods. I also work as a nursing research assistant through the college as well! In the future, I plan on potentially being a nurse in the ED and eventually becoming a flight nurse, and seek to return to school for either research, education, or a doctorate of nursing practice in the future. Go Vols!

Joud Nofal

Hey! My name is Joud Nofal and I am from Nashville, TN but I was born in Amman, Jordan. I’m pursuing nursing with the goal of becoming a nurse anesthetist after graduation. I am also a Jones center of leadership ambassador and graphic designer for VOLthon. I am looking forward to being a nursing ambassador!

Katelyn Zazyczny

My name is Katelyn Zazyczny and I am from Pennsylvania. I am currently a junior in the BSN scholars program. I am so excited for this opportunity to be able to share my passion to others and how UT Nursing has helped me find my love for nursing.

Katie Sudbrack

I am from Cincinnati, Ohio and interested in ER nursing! In my free time I love going on walks, reading and cooking!

Kayla Wadsworth

My name is Kayla Wadsworth and I am an incoming senior originally from Long Grove, IL. Outside of school, I love to stay active, spend time outdoors, hang out with my friends and family, and am involved in Greek life and ministry on campus. I am about to start my second year of nursing school in hopes of becoming a Pediatric Nurse. Go Vols!

Laura Leaman

Hi! I am a sophomore nursing major with a minor in psychology! I am part of the women’s club ultimate frisbee team, I am a puppy socializer with Volunteer Puppy Partners, and I volunteer at the East Tennessee Children’s Hospital. I hope to be a trauma nurse in the future. This summer I am spending time traveling with trips to Italy, Chicago, and the Outer Banks. I also work at a local ice cream shop. I love all things UT, and I can’t wait for the fall!

Lila York

Hi! My name is Lila York and I’m an upcoming senior in the TBSN program originally from Chantilly, VA. I am super excited for this upcoming year and to be one of our Lead Ambassadors for Nursing Ambassadors! Outside of the nursing program, I’m a tour guide on campus and I’m involved with Sevier Heights, theater, and Greek Life. I also love to hike and travel! After graduation, I’m hoping to work as an oncology or travel nurse!

Lindsay Cannon

Hi everyone! My name is Lindsay Cannon and I am from Holmdel, New Jersey. I am going into my senior year for the College of Nursing at the University of Tennessee! I am going into my second year as a College of Nursing ambassador & my first year as a CON lead ambassador 🙂 I have an internship this summer with Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN where I will be working in the ED and in the CV Surgical Transplant PCU. I am so grateful for all of the incredible and life-changing opportunities and memories that the nursing program here has led to for me. I’m forever proud to be a Volunteer nursing student!

Lydia Perrigo

Hey! My name is Lydia and I will be a junior this year. I have absolutely loved the past two years and am looking forward to starting clinicals. I am so excited to represent the College of Nursing on campus and in the community! Some fun facts about me: I’m Nashville born & raised! In my free time, I enjoy hiking, riding horses, and spending time with family and friends. My dream is to become a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. Go Vols and go Vol Nurses!

Miana Rankin

Hi there! My name is Miana Rankin and I am an incoming junior in the TBSN program! My experience thus far at UT has allowed me to grow and flourish much more than I ever expected in my collegiate years. Our College of Nursing encourages a culture of the Volunteer Spirit, in which I have had the wonderful opportunity to engage in all aspects at our University. So far, I have been involved in Greek Life, University Honors, Undergraduate Research, an executive board member for the Student Nurses’ Association (SNA), and the most rewarding role above all, as a Student Nurse Ambassador. You truly can do it all here at UT. I am eager to share my love for this program and the lifelong friendships I have made along the way. Go Vol Nursing!

Robyn Meador

Hi! I’m Robyn from St. Charles, IL. I am super excited to start as an ambassador so I can create new connections with my peers and share my passion for nursing with others!

Saba Kent

As a junior nursing student, I am excited about the future and the numerous opportunities that the University of Tennessee has to offer. Outside of school, I enjoy volunteering in Knoxville and trying out the various coffee shops within the city. If I’m not on campus, you will likely find me outdoors on a hike. It is an honor to represent the College of Nursing as an ambassador. I am eager to embrace the journey ahead to share my passion and inspire others to pursue nursing as well.

Samantha Elliot

Hello! My name is Samantha Elliott and I am a rising junior in the college of nursing. I’m from Chattanooga, TN and interested in pediatrics! I’m currently working as a nurse tech at Fort Sanders and an Ignite Team Leader for the Jones Center of Leadership & Service. Other things I’m involved with on campus are with housing and I’m the sisterhood director for Alpha Omega Epsilon. I am super excited for what the next two years bring!!

Sydney Curl

Hi, everyone! My name is Sydney and I am from Southern Middle Tennessee. I love to travel, cook, and spend time with my family and friends in my free time. A fun fact about me is that I studied abroad with the Rome to Barcelona food study program this past January! I will be starting my junior year in the Traditional BSN program within the College of Nursing this coming August. I have been an active member of the Student Nurses’ Association since my freshman year and just became a member of the Precious Prints Committee! I cannot wait to help our future Vol Nurses in every way I can. I hope I can help make Rocky Top a place they will love and feel confident enough to call it home!

_____

CONTACT:

Kara Clark (865-974-9498, kmclark2@utk.edu)