Nominations are now open for UT College of Nursing faculty and students for the DAISY Faculty Award and the DAISY In-Training Award as well as other internal awards for recognition of service and excellence to our college. All nominations received by Friday, March 31st will be considered. A committee composed of faculty members and advisory members will review blinded nominations. Honorees will be announced at the College of Nursing’s spring commencement ceremony.
The DAISY Awards
The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty
- This award was created to demonstrate appreciation to faculty for their commitment and inspirational influence on their nursing students. To nominate a faculty member, submit the electronic nomination form. This form includes a space for you to share an example of the nominee’s excellence in education and to review specific award criteria. All faculty members are eligible for nomination. Learn more about the award by clicking here.
The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Students
- This award recognizes senior nursing students for the above-and-beyond care and compassion that they show to patients and their families as they learn. To nominate a nursing student, submit the electronic nomination form. This form includes a space for you to share an example of the nominee’s compassion, kindness, and connection with their patients and families. All graduating students are eligible for this clinically focused award, which will be presented at the College of Nursing spring commencement ceremony. Learn more about this award by clicking here.
Additional College of Nursing Award Nominations
- Heins-Laning Leadership Award: The recipient of this award is selected by student peers and faculty members and is a BSN graduate who best reflects the philosophy of the CON and demonstrates the promise of being an outstanding professional nurse. Deadline to nominate: Friday, March 31st
Deans Award- The Rock:
- The purpose of this award is to recognize nurse educators or teams of nurse educators in the baccalaureate or higher degree program who have demonstrated an innovative teaching, research, or service-oriented method or approach in their academic course or clinical instruction.
Deans Award- The Volunteer:
- The purpose of this award is to recognize a CON novice baccalaureate or graduate program nurse educator who has demonstrated excellence in the academic teaching, research, or service role early in their career.
Deans Award- The Smokey:
- The purpose of this award is to recognize one adjunct faculty member who demonstrates excellence in the academic teaching role, research, or service; and to encourage further participation with UTK College of Nursing faculty.
Deans Award- The Power T:
- The purpose of this award is to recognize a full-time staff member who has served the College of Nursing for at least one year. This person must exceed the expectations of job responsibilities and must be team oriented.
Deans Award- The Torch:
- The purpose of this award is to recognize a CON faculty or staff member that exhibits a strong character of selflessness, humility, and sacrifice for the greater good. This person must consistently model the College of Nursing’s core values.
- The purpose of this award is to recognize a full-time or part-time faculty or staff member who brings fun contributions to the work environment.
Nominations will be blinded and go in front of a committee for review. Questions? Contact Megan Shuler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kara Clark (865-974-9498, email@example.com)