Established in 2015 through a generous private donation, the Center for Nursing Practice serves to promote healthy communities in Tennessee through supporting activities that improve access to nursing care. Nurse-managed clinics and nurse-led care are key to health in this state as they address a critical challenge seen across Tennessee every day: lack of access to quality affordable care.
In order to ensure nurses provide the best care, the center works to advance nursing education, practice, and research across the state, including expanding knowledge of community partnerships, continuing education, telehealth, and nurse-managed clinics. The center seeks to increase and sustain funding to expand the outreach of nursing to improve health in Tennessee.
- Growth of the consortium to include new membership opportunities and online resources for nurse-led clinics and care.
- 2017 Annual Nursing Practice Conference to be held in the summer of 2017.
- Telehealth education available online through the consortium and educational outreach.
- Foundation of collaborations with counties interested in implantation of nurse-managed clinics and care.
- Increasing educational outreach through conferences and online learning opportunities.
- Advance nursing knowledge through continuing education, recognizing that rapid changes in health care amplify the need for lifelong learning.
- Identify and implement educational programs for ongoing support of nurse-managed clinics in the region.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate a telehealth educational program for nurses, which will highlight the capabilities of telehealth equipment and include demonstrations by expert clinicians.
- Reach out to known nursing centers outside the United States to assess educational needs and opportunities for collaboration.
- Continued growth of the consortium through new members and updated resources.
- Attend annual nursing practice conferences.
- Completed a care gap analysis in order to understand the landscape and opportunities to expand nurse-managed clinics across the state.
- Shared research findings from the analysis at a nurse-managed clinics conference for practitioners in Tennessee and the Southeast.
- Hosted a consortium for nurses to provide a forum for discussion and generation of best practices and research related to advancing nursing care and nurse-managed health clinics. Topics included telehealth, fiscal responsibility, human resource issues, health policy, credentialing, and billing insurance.
- Educational outreach through continuing education opportunities.