Why Choose the Nursing Honors Program ?
- Build fruitful relationships with nurse scientists in the College
of Nursing and have the opportunity to begin a unique and individual
area of scholarship
- Receive recognition on your transcript that you have completed the honors program
- Earn a medallion at the Nursing Convocation ceremony to be worn during commencement
Full-time BSN students who wish to enter the honors program in the fall semester of their junior year must:
- Be within the top 10% of their class;
- Complete the Nursing Honors Program application during the spring semester of their sophomore year;
- Submit a short essay; and
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a UT faculty member.
Students accepted into the program must remain in good academic standing, with a GPA of at least 3.5, and complete all courses in the program of study.
Students admitted to the Chancellor’s Honors or Haslam Scholars programs will automatically be eligible to continue in the Nursing Honors Program, provided they are in good academic standing. Applications are not necessary.
Taking Scholarship to the Next Level
NHP Application Form for rising Juniors
(Complete this form if you are not a part of the Chancellor’s Honors Program or Haslam Scholars Program).
Chancellor’s Honors Program/Haslam Scholars Data Sheet*
(Complete if you are in Chancellor’s Honors Program or Haslam Scholars Program).
*Right-click to save the form and open it in Reader or your default PDF program to fill it out if it does not allow you to fill in the fields within the browser.