Handbook and curriculum information can be found on the Resources tab of each program page.
The college is committed to the delivery of high quality academic programs; to the discovery and dissemination of knowledge through research and other scholarly activities; to the provision of service to the community; and to the promotion of the profession of nursing. Specifically, our unique mission is to facilitate the development of professional nurses who will promote our society’s health at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
The purpose of the Master's program in nursing is to prepare leaders, managers, and practitioners who facilitate achievement of optimal health in the dynamic health care system. The program offers role preparation as nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurse anesthetists or nursing administrators. Advanced practice nursing involves the delivery of care, management of resources, interdisciplinary collaboration, and application of technology, information systems, knowledge, and critical thinking. Graduates of the program are expected to:
- Provide advanced nursing care to clients in a variety of health care settings.
- Utilize theoretical knowledge to guide advanced practice nursing.
- Collaborate in research activities and utilize knowledge gained from research in advanced practice nursing.
- Evaluate health policies and economics related to the delivery of health care.
- Assume roles as leaders and collaborators with other professionals and communities in planning, providing, and evaluating health care.
We offer the following concentrations within the MSN program:
Acceptance and Program Information (PDF)
For More Information
Graduate Student Services
*Clinical Nurse Specialist option currently not accepting applications
MSN programs in the College of Nursing are accredited by The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
and are unconditionally approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing
. The Nurse Anesthesia concentration is also accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Programs